Tuesday, May 06, 2008

That Time of Year

It's that time of year when everything seems to happen at once. The kids have something going on every night.

This evening, my wife's cousin came to visit. They are in Tucson for a week and drove up to Scottsdale for a few hours with my wife and her mother. I, of course, work in Tempe. It's a good 22 miles from the house and even farther from the restaurant through traffic.

My daughter had a flute lesson this evening, also. I managed about 45 minutes with the family before carting Audrey off to her lesson. The kids all enjoyed the visit, and so did I for what little I was there.

All the running around isn't good for writing time, especially when I'm sharing the time with my guitar. I'm making good progress learning guitar, but at the expense of the novel. It remains under 10,000 words, though it's getting close.

Tomorrow, we get to watch the 5th grade show, Sing, America, Sing. It's essentially U.S History: The Musical. It's actually pretty good, though this is the third year in a row we get to see it. We get to see everything three years in a row.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last night was a "quiet" evening at the our house... Dalton Baseball practice after school until 4:15, then take him to get signatures on his Eagle Project description and then on to District Roundtable to present his project. Auston soccer from 5:30 - 8:00; Haley gymnastics 5:30 - 7:30. Then, home to fix dinner and do homework.