Saturday, May 17, 2008

M*A*S*H

TVLand just aired the series finale of M*A*S*H. I don't think I've seen it since it first aired. Seems like the show has been on in syndication forever. It's aired somewhere every day of the week, so anybody who has been on this planet for more than fifteen or twenty years knows the characters like family. It just takes 2 minutes before you can say to yourself "oh yeah, this is the one where Hawkeye ....."

I've never understood the magic behind getting emotionally involved with fictional people, despite the fact that I write and get attached to my own characters. MASH 4077 is like family, and the rerun of the finale is as emotional as it was the first time. The episode was really very well constructed to deliver the most reward for the fans who watched for what, ten seasons?

---

The answer to yesterday's post is Lou Whitaker.

No comments: