Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Iapetus Project

I finally came up with a name for my musical ambitions, so I thought I'd document it here so I can point to it and say "I had it first."

It took me some time to find a name that wasn't already used for something else. I started with the list of moons in Pink Floyd's Astronomy Domine. Oberon, Miranda, Titania, and Triton. All used for something. I went on to a few other moons like Io. I finally found one that hasn't been used for anything but a team researching the actual moon--Iapetus.

Iapetus is a strange moon that exhibits two colors and an equatorial ridge that looks artificial. There's a close-up a little over half way down the Wiki page.

So, my musical ambition is now officially called The Iapetus Project. The name is mine. You can't have it. Many steps remain before I can record anything, not the least of which is buying a 16-track recorder. This is the recorder I'm considering.


Also on the list is cleaning out my home office. I need to get rid of a bunch of stuff, including the roll-top desk that is buried in clutter. I don't know what to do with my bookcases. They're packed and there isn't anywhere else to keep them.

No comments: