Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recovery

I feel a little better today, at least the head cold is getting better. I don't feel better when I gas up the truck, or when I look at the price on the few tomatoes still on the shelves.

I get sick when I see who our candidates for presidents are. Can we have a do-over? Can we have nobody?

I actually finished that short story last night. 1700 words total. It's not a long story, but it's the first in a long time. It felt good to finish something again.

Remember the original "He brought the 'chucks" guy? He was replaced in those Alltel ads by the weird-looking guy with the wig. Anyway, here's what happened to him.

For those of you in a festive mood, here's a crude little reminder of the holidays.

--------------



This is my pathetic baby palm tree. It's not dying, it's just challenged.

No comments: