Monday, June 23, 2008

New Windshield

One of the joys of living here in the valley of the sun is dealing with all the rocks. When you get on our freeways, you have to watch for them. They come off the road and fly into your windshield, leaving pings and chips. You can see some really nice photos of a big chip in my post from saturday. It's a real beauty, eh?

Anyway, saturday as we were driving home on State Route 51, a rock flew up and hit about 3mm from the top of the glass. Not only did I get a nice ping, I also got a 6-inch crack.

Yesterday, I took the kids to the library and when we got back to the car, I had a 12-inch crack. This morning, about 5 miles into my commute, I heard a great crunch from the windshield. Afraid of wearing glass, I turned off the air conditioner and drove to work with the window open.

It can be tough to tapdance around something like changing a new windshield while you're trying to attend meetings. Anyway, we got it done and I didn't die from the epoxy fumes.

---------

I know I said I'd take the camera today and film the freeway after the closure, but I wanted to scout it to see if it made sense. As it turns out, all they did was re-stripe. Nothing to see.

--------

Now, back to the plants. Where did we leave off? I think it was here.




Oh yeah! Scraggly Mexican Fan Palm. This guy replaced one that died in the big freeze two years ago.

No comments: