Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Gift for her Birthday

On the topic of my wife's bithday, I suppose I should discuss my gift. She had one request. I'm supposed to sign up to compete on "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth-Grader." Yikes. Not my thing.

Okay, so I'm filling out the forms, and they aren't trivial. "What is something most people don't know about you?" Aside from perhaps that I have a birthmark on my leg that resembles a paisely pattern, I dunno.

Now, I suppose it isn't completely weird that she wants me to sign up. On one occasion when they actually went into the million-dollar question, I did run the board. Lucky, I think, but they do tend to ask mostly easy questions. Usually, they have one question that isn't so straight-forward. For instance, they mis-categorize questions. One question I got wrong was filed under "astronomy," but the question would more appropriately have been labeled "spaceflight."

I can't stand a question about man-made satellites is categorized under astronomy. It ain't astronomy. It's a man-made satellite!

I'm grudgingly still trying to answer the hard questions like "name something of significance that you've done."

I did buy her a CD. Bee Gees, if you really want to know.

----------------

Wow, so many music videos yesterday that I couldn't see putting one of my ugly plants in with that menegerie. Well, I'll make up for it today by posting not one, but TWO plants.

This is a sago. It's in a bad spot. No shade. It refuses to die.
I have a really good sago in the front. I'll show that eventually.



This is a pine tree. I can't remember the official name, but it rhymes with what I call it in practice, an Arpaio pine.

No comments: