Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to Work

It's been fun watching from a distance Mary's reaction to the Campbell award sinking in. My official 24 hours of jealousy is officially over and I'm taking a little break from working on my novel to post.

The kids start school tomorrow and I, of course, go back to work. It's been an expensive last two weekends. We replaced the old van, a 1003 Mercury Villager. We replaced it with a relatively new Chrysler Town and Country. It wasn't really what we want to drive, but the sixth passenger forced our hands into another minivan.

Now, we have school shopping and two birthdays. Reanna got a replacement phone and Russell got a Nintendo DS of hid own, so he can leave his sister's alone.

The good thing about school starting is that we are on our way to leaving the elementary school behind. It's a petty little fiefdom, and after 8 years, I'm glad this is the last one.

No comments: