Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to the Slog

That's right, back to the slog. It's monday again, and work felt like a monday. On the brighter side, I managed to pump over 1000 words into my novel-in-progress, Rigel Kentaurus. It still feels like a slog (both the job and the novel but I'm referring to the novel here). I have what I think is an interesting situation, but the energy just isn't really there.

I suppose when I go back and read it, it might not be as bad as I fear. Unfortunately, my spreadsheet forcasts I'll finish in 2010 at my current pace.

I did come up with a very cool idea for a future novel, an idea that I don't think has been done as fiction yet. Needless to say, I'm not going to dangle the idea here for the taking.

I'm starting to get the itch to work on another novel in the idea pile, also. That said, I really want to finish Rigel Kentaurus first. So many stories, so little time.

No comments: