Monday, April 21, 2008

Tired

I had to wake up at 4:30 this morning in order to get Reanna to her school early. She left on her field trip this morning. This, less than 12 hours after Audrey returned from her band field trip to San Diego. I'm still dragging along.

Audrey had her piano lesson this evening and I managed to get a few hundred words written on Rigel Kentaurus. Not a lot, but even a couple hundred is better than leaving the project stagnant for a week. That's what happened last week.

Seems I've been writing stream-of-consciousness blogs lately, and today is no exception. Managed to practice guitar for about 30 minutes after the piano lesson. I must be getting the hang of it, because my hand can snap right to the first position G chord. While cleaning the other day, I ran across the copy of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto (K622) that I had forgotten about. I tried to play it (albiet slowly) on my guitar, but I found the full octave runs of 16th notes to be a bit much for me, especially slurred. Maybe it would work better with a slide, but I doubt it. I put it back into the closet. One day I'll strap a reed back on my clarient.

I've got heavy eyelids, so rather than sleep here and post soemthing like this: ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd, I'll just go to bed.

No comments: