Friday, April 18, 2008

Random Musings

Not anything in particular to blog about tonight. Audrey is away on the band field trip to San Diego. Reanna has her piano performance and music theory evaluation tomorrow. I'm still driving 55.

I've been listening a lot to a song off Pink Floyd's Animals album. It really speaks to me, particularly the song Dogs. It hits far too close to home, especially the last verse.

On the topic of Pink Floyd, I picked up a guitar book with Astronomy Domine, a song written by Syd Barret off Floyd's first album. My ability hasn't progressed far enough to really play the piece, but it's fun to goof around with.

I have picked up the guitar almost every day for the past two or three weeks and I can see progress. For a guy used to an instrument that plays only one note at a time, getting used to chords is a challenge I'm getting there. I still have to look and most chords take me too long to get into position for, but they are coming.

No comments: