Monday, December 04, 2006

Fantasy?

Last night, I put the finishing touches on my first pure fantasy story, "The Great Basilisk Race." I mailed it off to Realms of Fantasy this morning. I'm about 7000 words short of my goal for the year, and not making much progress lately due to other commitments. Likely I can hammer that out in one story, but right now I'm in one of those ruts where I don't have a story in mind. It can take up to three days for me to get going again. Once I get going, I usually get three or four ideas and fall into my next rut when I exhaust those.

I made a goal of 5000 words per week for 2007. that equates to well over 300K for the year. With everything else in life, I'm not sure if I'll hit that. I'm only at about 1100 for this week. I should have fewer ruts in 2007 since I'll largely work on long fiction. Two novels alone should account for 200K.

No comments: