Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hell Week

A couple days ago, I showed some daytime pictures of the chaos behind my house (scroll down a bit). It's saturday night. Here's what it looks like just a few minutes ago. It's a little blurry because the camera was on automatic settings and it knew that it's dark outside and tried to compensate.



And here is a 10-second clip of what it sounds like on my back porch. Dunno who that band is, but I can certainly hear them. It's louder toward the end of the clip. that's what I have to live with all week. Last year, the event drew 538,000 people over the course of the week. That averages out to almost 77,000 people per day, but the attendance is heaviest on friday, saturday, and sunday. In 2006, they set the PGA single day attendance record with over 168,000 people. This is all in my back yard and they follow it up with live bands until 1:00am in a tent that's maybe 2000 yards from the house.




After tomorrow, it's over for another year.

No comments: