Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Eggs

For all I complain about the heat, it sure beats a foot of snow on the ground. I got my first sunburn of the year this afternoon during my continuing battle against rogue bermuda grass.

This stuff is nasty. It grows where you don't want it and doesn't grow where you do. I have patches of rogue bermuda grass all over.



You have to dig two to three inches into hard desert soil to extract the roots. Here is my work in progress.


After a section is completed, it looks a lot better. This area took about four hours.




Trouble is, you have to go back in about two weeks and pull out anything you missed or the grass will take over again.



We had our annual Easter Egg Hunt this morning. Every year we use a different part of the yard. Until this year, we hadn't used this part of the yard, which is in the back yard just west of the house between the pool and the wash.




If you have a good high-resolution and large monitor, there is one pink egg in plain view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see the egg! Cut kids, Rick.

---T. kosmatka