Saturday, October 20, 2007

Icing the Puck

Here I sit at the Alltel Ice Den as my three lovely urchins glide, glide, and sway at Radio Disney night. Okay, my son is more likely doing a glide, slip and crash, but they have fun. I decided to try to finish the short story I started last monday, so here I am making a blog entry.

The Ice Den is the hippest spot in town if you are 11. It's the place to see and to be seen, if you're 11. I managed to snag the only table next to an outlet, so I have power, and this place is a hot spot (as is the adjoining Peter Piper Pizza), so I have internet.

I've been switching back and forth between the story and this blog post, depending upon which catches my fancy at any given time.

News on the home front, we bought Reanna a snare drum today. She's asking for a drum set for Christmas, but she's got percussion lessons now. She does the drum parts on a practice pad, but she really needs a drum, especially to get the feel for drum rolls. She really loves drums, and as irritating as the practice repetition can be, we have to encourage her.

No comments: