Sunday, September 02, 2007

It's Not Easy Being Green

I decided to tackle the green pool today. For those not following along, in July of 2006 my pump broke. I was told 2 days to repair it, but the two days turned into ten. You don't leave a pool uncirculating for 10 days in Phoenix during the summer. A bad case of algea developed that I have been battling ever since.

Last winter, I thought I had it licked. This summer being particularly hot, it came back with a vengeance. I spent weeks trying to kill it with chlorine to no avail. Come July, I went nuclear, bombing the pool with algecide. It killed the algea off, and the pool was blue again. Come August, the algea was back. With all the extremely hot days at 110 degrees or hotter, it got to the point I couldn't see the bottom of the deep end.

Today, I nuked the pool again, with different chemistry. If this doesn't work, I'll have to drain the thing this winter.

On the fiction front, story and world building continue on the collaboration project. I've been lazy about putting down words for the Halloween contest story. I made the mistake of leaving it on the laptop, and that makes it difficult to get started except at night.

Last night, I managed to get the last of my stagnant stories out the door, so I have all 36 deployed right now. A few subs are getting out there, including one that's coming up on a year. Patience, patience.

No comments: