Monday, March 12, 2007

Two more shorts out

Finished two of the three short stories I had been working on. One went to Analog, the other went to Asimov's.

The interesting thing I tried this time was writing inside the universe where my novels take place. One story involves Ike Mudge, the Neanderthal clone. In fact, it's a novel excerpt, except I haven't written that chapter yet. Hopefully, the short stands on its own. The other story is an action story about Ike's son, Kinji.

The other short I have in progres is a modern horror story. It's my first real attempt at writing a pure horror story, and so far, I'm pleased with it.

I just started a sequel to The Adjoa Gambit, my story that appeared in Intergalactic Medicine Show back in October. Between the two when-I-have-time shorts and the novel, I'm keeping busy. Added another 2000 words to the novel this evening. I'm up to 46,000 words. Considering the original version of this novel only hit 74,000 words, I'm definitely adding word count this draft. I still expect to hit 120,000 by the time it's finished.

No comments: